Payroll/HR career - The 17th Floor

Payroll/HR career

• Anonymous

Why did you choose payroll or HR as a career?

May 26, 2023 at 20:06
    • Anonymous

Love this question Marsida!

My answer would be two fold, I truly enjoy learning and educating. Payroll is ever changing and there is a need to remain up to date on all stakeholder changes from the government to benefit providers and everyone in between. I have found fulfillment when I have aided someone in knowing how to read their pay slips and guiding them understanding their rights as an employee.

May 28, 2023 at 10:00
      • Anonymous

I love working with data (I think in spreadsheets) but also love to help others. Payroll provides opportunity for both!

May 29, 2023 at 14:58
        • Anonymous

Payroll profession is the one where you have to be detail oriented and no chances of mistakes. As you are handling employee pay. I love working in payroll and HR.

May 31, 2023 at 18:56
          • Anonymous

I actually fell into this accidentally. I was given an opportunity at work to move teams and to learn Payroll. I love to challenge myself and thrive on continual learning so I jumped at the chance. I enjoy understanding and working with all the intricacies of the business and staff, and it has given me a better understanding of my own personal finances as well (a great side benefit). I am also very thankful to work for an organization that encourages employee development.

June 8, 2023 at 08:50
            • Anonymous

I love accounting and helping others. I love the challenge of ensuring payroll is accurate and entered in a timely manner. Most of all, I truly enjoy helping others understand their pay, their benefits, etc. Payroll/HR is always evolving, always interesting…never a dull moment.

June 13, 2023 at 21:34